Friday 20 November 2015

The Academy - The First Reply

Deborah,

My sincerest apologies for the delay in writing. It pained me to read description of life for the common folk back in England. I remember well the summers of our youth and the wonderful harvest festivals, how the village came together. Gentry and villager together to give praise for the land's bounty. I also recall the camaraderie for the village cricket match. To hear of such togetherness rent asunder is such a shame.

The people of the villages deserve their birthright and if the new enclosures are bringing such destitution then surely the Tories must be made to see sense. Has the Earl no morals at all, in France they well remember the result of such arrogance and neglect. I pray the lessons of La Bastille will not be lost on my home-country. Such a sobering thought.

But No, I will not reduce my missives to a mere political pamphlet. My thoughts on such matters are well known and comprise the main reason I left our fair shires in favour of the freedom found here. My academy is thriving as I'd hoped. The students and house staff are growing to love the place and more and more I find they are becoming comfortable and instinctive in their adherence to the rules and regimes. At several points one of the students sponsors have written to me personally to praise the work we carry out and amongst the staff disciplinings are becoming ever more rare.

We take the ladies to court often and they acquit themselves perfectly in all departments. It is such a joy to see them blossom and become such truly beautiful creatures. The servants are turning the academy into a veritable wonder of the modern world. The west wing is no longer derelict and the maids have created an array of  wonderful staterooms and guest accommodation there.

I can simply never thank you enough for sending young Thomas to us, you certainly did not exaggerate his suitability for life here. As soon as he arrived I realise he was a perfect specimen, so shy and humble. A virgin surrounded by wanton vixens. He blushed virtually every time he was in the presence of myself or one of my students. They young ladies tease and torment him remorselessly at every turn and the poor darling is the absolutely picture of meek surrender.

His lack of French made him isolated and alone amongst the other servants so I decided immediately to harness his useful innocence and take him into my personal service. He seems to be delighted with the role but also mortified at being this close to a woman of my standing. I am being shamefully wicked in my training of him. His life is one long series of teasing humiliations. The other staff know he cannot understand them and so refer to him as "the little maid". It is quite wonderful how the students instinctively see that he is a hopeless submissive and almost automatically take control of him.

For my part he draws my bath and dresses me, I know this is most inappropriate for a Lady of my standing to have a male chamber-servant but he agreed it was for the best because I am the only person he can speak to. Oh the plans I have for him. I will move his training on in the coming weeks and inform you of the results immediately.

I suppose I should feel guilty dear Sister but be both know that I am remorseless when it comes to getting what I want. Please inform Thomas' family of his safe arrival and that he is flourishing in his new life.

Until we see each other again

Your dear sister,
Evangeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback & suggestions are always appreciated